Friday, April 6, 2012

Instagram Insider

(Starting top left going clockwise)
1. Last night we went to our friend Suhana's house for a traditional Indian meal for her birthday. She told us she was going to give each of us an Indian dot upon arrival (which I thought was a joke), but believe it or not we all got Bindi's! The one I have on was one of the more ornate and colorful selections available.
2. Aside from traditional Indian food, we also were offered delicious treats in celebration of Suhana's birth. Aside from a scrumptious chocolate cake, Suhana's mom made her own dainty desserts, as seen in the picture: milk chocolate/white chocolate cups filled with homemade whipped cream and topped with a fresh raspberry. I ate about 2. Or five.
3. Some of our handsome guy friends recently pledged Delta Sigma Phi as founding members of Loyola's new fraternity. I was given a pin and I wear it proudly on my new purse from H&M (only $12 and super cute!). Apparently if a pledge sees us wearing the pin they have to buy us coffee? I haven't been offered any coffee yet but I'm still hoping for that special day...
4. Last weekend our university brought in comics Jim Gaffigan and Judah Friedlander for a show exclusive to Loyola students and faculty. At one point during the show I got up to use the ladies room and who do I run into but the one and only JUDAH FRIEDLANDER! I'm a huge fan of 30 Rock and I love his character on the show. I got to meet him and was super nervous and didn't know what to say but at least I got a picture right? Way more cool than meeting the Biebs.


- allia

(Starting top left going clockwise)
1. Suhanas birthday was a success. this is a instagram pic of the cake that i may or may not have had for dinner and/or breakfast. 
2. snapped a quick picture of the lake on my run. 
3. smoretini!!! tastes like straight godiva chocolate but its like 15 bucks so its sooo not worth it unless youre rich. 
4. benny got pinned for his new frat!! sorry fraternity. did you know people don't like it when you call it that? but anyways i have the same pin allison does and no one has bought me coffee either. so thats upsetting. 

on a heavier note, thoughts and prayers go out to the Suh family at Loyola Chicago. you can read the article here. No one should have to go through that and i hope everyone involved is okay. 

-grace



No comments:

Post a Comment