Monday, April 16, 2012

Instagram Insider

Ordered from left to right.
1. If you're wondering if that is a stuffed squirrel wearing a hat on a wall, then you are absolutely right. The other morning some friends and I went for a walk around Roger's Park and found this awesome/creepy little antique store. There were so many things to look at; I was a little overwhelmed. Robin Squirrel here was just one of the many strange additions to the store. It was a good time except then a hobo with eyes facing two different directions walked in and starting causing a ruckus so we left...
2. My latest lip color obsession is coral/orange. Its such a springy color and is very close to red so I like to believe it looks good with my skin tone. The color I am wearing in the picture is Revlon's "Kiss Me Coral". I got it for about $8-9 at Walgreens. It goes on smooth and keeps my lips feeling moisturized for a couple hours, however, I found that wearing clear lip gloss over the color makes it last longer. It works well day to night! Revlon was also the only drugstore brand I could find that had the perfect coral/orange shade I was looking for. Well worth the higher price.
3. I'm sure I already have tons of haters because of these glasses, but I think they're AWESOME. They are tortoise shell frames and yes, they are prescription. I've always worn square rimmed glasses in the past so this time I went for a bold, round style. Call me a hipster or Harry Potter but I'd like to see you pull these bad boys off.
4. Last but not least, I'd like to tell you all about the AWESOME place where I got my glasses: Warby Parker. It's an exclusively online store and all of their glasses are only $95, with no S&H fees. They offer a wide range of super stylish eyewear (even monocles!) and for every pair you buy, they donate a pair to someone in need. Wary of buying a pair of glasses you've never tried on? Warby Parker will send you 5 pairs of glasses of your choice for free, and you can buy the pair you like and send the rest back! I highly recommend this company.

-allia

No comments:

Post a Comment