Wednesday, May 16, 2012

bowtie nails!

I was reading Glamour the other day on the three hour train ride home from Chicago (with an Amish man reading over my shoulder the whole time.. kind of awkward) and I stumbled upon this article on Zooey Deschanel's nails. I thought it looked easy enough so I did a tutorial on it for you guys (with a little twist).
here's her nails:


             1. take off your old nail polish. I know, sometimes I just paint over the old too.. but for this you need to because the base color isn't that dark and the old polish will show through. I like this kind from cvs, it's cheap, it doesn't make your hands super dry, and it doesn't use a whole box of tissues or spill everywhere.



2. Paint your nails. I used this OPI color called pink-ing of  you. I thought it was a little more interesting and girlier than just the plain white that zooey has! (although obviously that looked better with her dress). But for lighter colors you will want two coats AT LEAST of polish, otherwise it looks all weird and sheer. 


3. Next you will want to wait for the nails to completely dry and then take an old liquid eyeliner that you have lying around, and pull the brush out, you should rinse it and then dip it in to a black nailpolish for the next part. Here's the eyeliner I used if you want an example. 


4. Then you want to take the eyeliner brush and dip in in your black nail polish. You should make three little dots up each nail. At the top you should make a bow. It took me a little bit to figure this out, at least an easy way to make sure it looked symmetrical, and the easiest is to make a sideways x first, then draw a line at each end, and then fill it in! Heres how mine turned out:

byeeee
xo grace.














No comments:

Post a Comment